Friday, January 18, 2008

Let Mind Run The Body

Hello Friends,

Welcome to Anbusivam's blog page.

This morning, I went out in the streets of Indiranagar. Yes, I haven’t run long-stretch for a fairly long time. When I started last weekend, I wasn’t able to complete my full target of 1hr on the roads, but today I could do it. Yes, I did.

When I sat back relaxed to give it a thought, I realised that, I could achieve that only because of the Mind Training I did last night about the morning’s long run.

Mind Training…??? What’s that…???

Simple, it is some thing like preparing little ones for school. Yes, indeed lots of preparation happen much before a child goes to school. Parents enthrall their children with interesting stories and create pleasant fantasies in the young minds about school, new friends, play ground, sing, dance and learn. When an impression that, “Going to school and learning is fun” is created, then the child’s self confidence and motivation level ascends and now, the child starts waiting eagerly for the first day at school.

Likewise, training our mind becomes essential when we are running towards greater dreams and goals in life.

When mind and body are not completely aligned into one single goal or mission, most of the time body takes control. This is what happened in my previous weekend; my body was running the mind. Body is least interested in stretch targets, it’s more comfortable in accepting something less than what it is capable of without any pain involved.

But, this weekend it’s the other way. Mind was running the body. Hence I was able to complete my stretch target. Surprisingly I noticed that, mind sincerely listens to the body as well and adjusts its pace accordingly without stretching the body too much.

All this is because of Mind Training I did the previous night.

The empires of the futures are the empires of the mind.

- Winston Churchill

Ok, let's talk about how to do "Mind Training" in my next post

Thanks for visiting my page.

With Love
Anbusivam

No comments: