Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New Year Afformations...!

Hell0 Friends,

Welcome to Anbusivam's Blog Page.

Wishing you all a very prosperous New Year 2009.

Read it again....not Affirmations, its "Afformations". Before we talk about Afformations, let me tell you something that happened last week. Last Friday after dinner we discussing on some movies and suddenly my sister brought in the topic of an old time singer who was my favorite in school days. Surprisingly I was not even remembering his name and tried all my best to recollect it by all means from my memory, but couldn't. That night when I went to bed, I was unable to sleep without knowing the name of that singer. The question of What's that singer's name...? occupied my mind completely and it was a long night indeed.

Being a student of Human Mind, I just wondered how smart our mind is. It was literally stuck in a question, trying all means to find answer for that. Almost all of us are wired with this inherent curiosity to find/search answers for the questions posed to us in our lives. I was thinking how can this tendency of Human Mind to seek answers to the questions can be used in the field of self development.

After various searches in Google, I ended up with "Empowering Questions" which took me to this wonderful world of "Afformations" a word coined by Noha.St.John of The SuccessClinic. His wonderful book The Great Little Book of Afformations talks in detail about the power of Afformations.

Unlike affirmations, afformations are not just positive statements. Its all powerful positive questions. I've been using positive affirmations since my NLP days, but yes there is always a conflict between my conscious and subconscious mind each time I repeat my affirmation statements. As Noha says in his book, "I am rich" is indeed believed to be a positive affirmations. Important thing to notice here is do we sincerely believe this affirmation statement or do we doubt them..? Okie if I believe it and then, what's next after this art of convincing ourselves with what we are not. Noha's Afformations takes us to the next level, that is the new way of asking powerful questions to which our mind automatically try to find out the answers leading to greater results at the end.

According to Noha,

Affirmation --> "I am Rich", this is a statement to which our mind says "Yeah, Right". It all ends there most of the time.

Afformation --> "Why am I Rich?", this is a powerful positive question to which our mind starts seeking/searching answers. In the process we find all possible means and ways to become rich actually.

In this New Year 2009, We can simply modify all our negative questions into positive, empowering questions which will cause our mind to focus on the positive possibilities.

Thanks for visiting my page.

With Love.
Anbusivam


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good one

Noah said...

Hi, this is Noah St. John, the author of Afformations...

Thanks for the post. I'm really glad you're enjoying Afformations.

Did you know you can get the first 3 chapters of my new book (free)?

SecretCodeBook.com

Let me know what you think,
~Noah
SuccessClinic.com

Unknown said...

Hello Noha,

It's nice to see you visiting my page. Thank you so much for that. Yes indeed I got the first 3 chapters of your book. I am pretty much convinced with the Afformations - the empowering questions. I've taken up few questions in various areas of my life in this new year, and let me get back to you soon after I see some tangible results on that. Indeed its a pleasure knowing you personally through this blogosphere. Wishing you an Excellent new year ahead.

Cheers,
Anbusivam

Unknown said...

Thank you Jeet, for visiting my page. May joy and happiness fill in your life this new year.

- Anbusivam

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!