Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Counselor Chalisa...!!!

Hello Friends,

Welcome to Anbusivam's Blog Page.

Hanuman Chalisa is a Hindi poem on Lord Hanuman written by Shri.Tulsidas, which is recited as a prayer by Hindus. The moment I came across an excellent poem on Counselors , I shared it with my DCS ( Diploma in Counseling Skills) classmates of Banjara Academy. I would say nothing else in this world can depict what counseling and counselors are all about as perfectly as this one poem does. I am really really grateful for the person who had written this wonderful poem. Its simply amazing combination of words together that makes a huge impact. And yes, we as counselors decided to recite this day in and day out. We named it "Counselor Chalisa".

Here it goes:

"Counselor Chalisa"

I can't give solutions to all of
life's problems, doubts, or fears.
But I can listen to you and
together we will search for answers.


I can't change your past with all it's heartache and pain,
nor the future with it's untold stories.
But I can be there now when you need me to care.


I can't keep your
feet from stumbling.
I can only offer my hand
that you may grasp it
and not fall.


Your joys, triumphs, success,
and happiness are not mine;
Yet I can share in your laughter.


Your decisions in life are not mine to make, nor to judge;
I can only support you, encourage you,
and help you when you ask.


I can't prevent you from

falling away from friendship,

from your values, from me.

I can only pray for you,

talk to you, and wait for you.


I can't give you boundaries which I have determined for you,
But I can give you the room to change, room to grow,
room to be yourself.


I can't keep your heart from breaking and hurting,
But I can cry with you and help you pick up the pieces
and put them back in place.


I can't tell you who you are,

I can only love you and be your friend.


Thanks for visiting my page.

With Love,
Anbusivam

2 comments:

Arif Ali Saiyed said...

Hey see you in Bloggers meet :)

Unknown said...

Sure.....Afrif...let's meet then.