Thursday, March 20, 2008

Where does the strength to work on weaknesses come from?

Hello Friends.

Welcome to Anbusivam’s blog page.

Reading my thoughts on identifying our weakness in my earlier post one of my regular readers Saranya sent me an email saying “I agree entirely! But then, where does the strength to work on weaknesses come from?”

Firstly, congratulations for identifying the weakness. The moment we know our weakness, 50% of the problem is solved right away. Knowing the weakness and being aware of it in our daily lives by itself is a great strive towards overcoming it.

Though I had plans to write, I was always hesitant only because I was not really confident in my proficiency in English language, especially its grammar. I registered this blog page and waited for almost six months to write down my first post with an amazing video of my all time favourite speaker and motivator Tony Robbins on why we do what we do.

How to overcome my weakness? Where does the strength come from?

Few thoughts from my personal experience:

1. I was aware that I am not so great in English writing. But, still I wanted to write. That “wanted-ness” was so strong in me; I just went ahead and wrote. The moment I come out of my gigantic initial inertia, sailing was smooth and effortless.

2. I looked for ways to improve my English, asked my friends, colleagues to point out the mistakes I make while talking, in my emails, in my blog posts and so on. They were only happy to help me out. Thanks to all of them.

3. I was not resolute to have zero mistakes in my writing on first go. I was easy-going and kind to myself saying “It’s OK to make mistakes, but not to repeat them often”.

4. I decided that, I’ll never let down my passion in moving towards the pleasure of being a good writer as said in my mode of motivation.

I’ve a long list of experiences/opinions to share, but it would be really great if you can share some of your thoughts on overcoming weaknesses…? --> here as comments

Your thoughts / comments / ideas / experiences are most welcome, which I am sure are going to be of great help for me and my readers.

Thanks for visiting my page.

With Love
Anbusivam

7 comments:

Himanshu Sheth said...

Hey Siva,
It was a great read, believe me, this is how I also started my first article and I guess each one of us "Always start anything with a hesitation" but than slowly and steadily that hesitation grows into confidence..and then finally there is no hesitation :)

To share something, I can say about my current experience..I have always been a passionate technology guy, but when I decided to go the startup way, I just thought "Can I ALSO do it, but I dont have XYZ expertise and to add to our own doubts,we have people who try to drag us down but than, I believed in my own self and decided that if there is something wrong in me, I can always improve and slowly each & every step of improvement would one day take me towards PERFECTION...The bottom line is "Sometimes you have to go by your GUT feeling and rest of the times you can also listen to what others say" :)

Nice read again ....

-Himanshu Sheth

Unknown said...

Thank you so much Himanshu for your valuable comments.

I was at the peak of my happiness after writing this post, as it came right from my heart.

Like Nike's "Just Do It"

- Siva

shree sai nursing home said...

Hello SIVA,
correctly said the strength to work on weakness comes from the desire to do something.

Srinivas said...

Excellent blog..keep it up Anbu

Unknown said...

Sagar, Thanks for your comments...!

Shrinivas, thanks for visiting my page and thanks for your encouragement.

- Anbusviam.

Anonymous said...

I just found the website who writes about
many
home based business

If you want to know more here it is
home business ideas

Anonymous said...

Amiable brief and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you on your information.