Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Brick Walls Are Not There To Keep Us Out

Hello Friends,

Welcome to Anbusivam's Blog Page.

Couple of weeks ago I realised that I am almost stuck with one of my personal goals. All my efforts ended up in vein and I was about to give-up. My thought of giving up broke, when I came across this wonderful video of Carnegie Mellon University Professor Randy Paush's Last Lecture.

Randy talked about his application to Walt Disney Imagineering, saying "I dashed off my letters of applications to Walt Disney Imagineering, and they sent me some of the damned nicest go-to-hell letters I have ever gotten". But the rejection didn't discourage him and eventually wound up doing work for Disney.

He said, "The brick walls are not there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something." In other words, the brick walls of rejection help us figure out who we really are and what we really want.

Randy went on to say, "The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough. They're there to stop the other people."

So I asked myself , "How badly do I want that goal to be achieved? How good are my climbing skills to climb across? Or do I think success is 'too hard' to achieve and just give up?". After all these questions I started working with all my effort towards that goal and it looks like I am making some decent progress if not great steps ahead.

I am happy for not giving it up....!!! Find here the (Video)

Let's understand that, "Brick Walls Are Not There To Keep Us Out "

Thanks for visiting for my page

With Love,
Anbusivam

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is extremely interesting for me to read this article. Thank you for it. I like such topics and everything that is connected to them. I would like to read a bit more on that blog soon.

Anonymous said...

It is certainly interesting for me to read the post. Thanx for it. I like such topics and anything that is connected to this matter. I would like to read more on that blog soon.

Anonymous said...

By the way, buy Wifi jammer to disable all spy transmitters in your home or office.