Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Congruent Living

Hello Friends,

Welcome Anbusivam's Blog Page.

I am doing my DCS (Diploma in Counseling Skills) from Banjara Academy. Our teachers both Dr.Ali Khwaja and Raja Reddy are wonderful people. I really love and enjoy myself in this course with excellent classmates helping me to understand myself and others in a better way.

As a part of the course work we were out of Bangalore this weekend to Manthan, a six-acre farm located in Yelahanka (outskirts of Bangalore), belonging to the Banjara Academy serves as the venue for the many activities of the Academy. Manthan is an ideal weekend getaway in its wonderful serene surroundings. Two full days were all about "SelF AwarenesS".

I personally had a wonderful experience there, during the camp I could really get to know some of my unknown traits those are useful neither for me nor for anyone else. In fact those qualities in me were roadblocks to some extent in my interpersonal relations. So, having identified them I am gonna sincerely work on them to get rid of them to replace with some very useful qualities there in place. I did some soul searching there to identify few good qualities those will be certainly useful to me and in my interactions as well.



"Congruent Living" is the right phrase I would like to put in place for what I want in life. Carl Rogers originated the word the term congruence. For him congruence is only when our thoughts, feelings, emotions, values and behaviours are aligned in same direction. I always find meditation to be an excellent technique to strive towards congruence. I am sure this is helping me a lot in my never ending journey from the present real-self to the ideal-self.

Thanks for visiting my page.

With Love,
Anbusivam

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Siva,
Liked the photo :) I can very well co-relate this activity with the team building exercises which we have in our outings :) Though this is personal and that is more from a professional point of view !!!

It would be interesting if you could also add how Banjara Academy helpedd you at a Grass Root level and what approaches they follow.

-Himanshu Sheth.

Unknown said...

Thank you Himanshu for your comments. DCS is a 10 months course where in they teach us how to counsel. But the wonderful part of the course is its assignments and class role plays, where in we ourselves undergo a lots and lots of catharsis. Hence we tend to shed all our baggage's and sit in front of our counseled open minded and non judgemental.

-Anbusivam