Friday, October 31, 2008

Yes, I am a Valuable Person

Hello Friends,

Welcome to Anbusivam's Blog page.

I am writing this post when most of Bangalore is snoring in a cold midnight suddenly jumping out of my bed. Though writing a blog post has been one among my high priority tasks for the end of my work week, I thought of doing it tomorrow as I was little down with some overwhelming emotions and feelings. In spite of all, I couldn't resist myself jumping out of my bed to complete this task, prompted by Scott Peck.

I picked up a very interesting book "The Road Less Traveled" by Scott Peck last week. As usual I am sticking to it like a lizard on the wall and I will, until I complete it. Scott says,
"The feeling of being valuable - "I am a valuable person" is essential to our mental health and is a cornerstone of self discipline. If we feel ourselves valuable, then we will feel our time valuable, and if we feel our time to be valuable, then we will want to use it well."
I personally value my time spending in blogging to the most purposeful in my life This is the time during which I really think more critically, try to get more information, understand the subject to its deeper and subtler levels and so on. As I value blogging to the core, I was unable to sleep while that is not completed as required to be. This can also be looked as a way of "Delaying Gratification" means, by which I am ready to sacrifice a cozy sleep in this cold midnight in order to get this task of blogging accomplished on time.

Let's all value ourselves and hence value our valuable time to put it for our best purpose.

With Love,
Anbusivam

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My experience for today exactly. I have been stretching myself to stay awake so that I can finish my post. The Road Less Traveled is a great read. You will find that you keep going back to it again and again since the message is so timeless.

shree sai nursing home said...

Its a great post.
We have to feel valuable otherwise every software engineer will feel (JAS-- just another software engineer),a doctor will not wake up from bed to see an emergency patient,etc..
p.s: lot of doctors dont get up, a ot of them do

Unknown said...

Avani,
Thanks for visiting my page. I liked your web page, especially the nice contents and the way you've organized it there. Great.

Sagar,
Thanks Doc, for your visiting and comments.