Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Power of Aiming High

Hello Friends,

Welcome to Anbusivam's Blog Page.

Few weeks back I got a mail on Bangalore Sunfeast Marathon and I decided to take part in that. When I had to choose between 2 options I went ahead with the second one. First was to run 5.7km Majja Run and second was to 10km in Open 10K Run. When couple of my friends insisted to join them on Majja Run, I was interested only in 10km run. At that time I was not very sure if I would be able to complete 10km with some of my irregular running experiences. I had my own apprehensions and self doubts, but something inside me pushed towards 10km.  I was also fully aware that its going to be a big task for me with the limited time available to train from then.

The important point to note here is, if I had taken up 5.7km run then I am sure all my trainings these days would not have crossed even 3km. Now with my enrollment into 10km run, all I see in front of me is "How am I gonna complete 10k...?". Obviously when my target is 10km, running more than 5km every day seems to be too less for me. I am pushing myself to reach atleast 8km this week and then to hit my target of 10km on the Race day i.e coming Sunday, 31st May 2009.

When I was thinking on this simple experience in my life, I realised that keeping a greater goal and aiming high will always make us reach greater heights than having some mediocre goals in life just for the sake of having it. I have a great hope on myself that I will be able to complete this 10km run. I don't have any timing targets, all I want is to complete 10km run successfully. That would surely give me lots and lots of confidence to take up much higher goals. 

I sincerely think this "Power of Aiming High" works pretty well in almost all areas of our lives. What's the worst thing than can happen in aiming high...? may be we will not meet our aim or target. But at the end what we have accompolished would be surely much more than what we could have otherwise.

Would you like to share some great acheivements in your life with this wonderful "Power of Aiming High".

Thanks for visiting my page.

With Love
Anbusivam

P.S: I'll let you know my run details this Sunday evening.

No comments: