Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Leadership = Gardening

Hello Friends,

Welcome to Anbusivam’s blog page.

While going to our farm with my dad last sunday, I noticed a number of saplings planted along the stretch. With a big question in my face I looked at my dad, he said municipal corporation is doing this. Usually I see them cutting down trees to widen roads. That was a real surprise for me. I asked, who'll water these and take care? and his reply was a smile again. I am sure, unless these saplings are watered regularly and carefully protected from stray animals, they becoming grown trees is highly impossible.

That moment in my mind, flashed an article I came across last week, "I equate leadership with gardening" by Vivek Sharma.

Vivek Sharma is the Vice President, India Design Center, STMicroelectronics. He says, he feels like a gardener when he works with people. He wants to see them grow into tall trees with branches laden heavily with bunches of blooms and fruits.

While every one around is talking about rupee becoming stronger and cost factors involved in outsourcing, he says "Cost Competitiveness" comes third and not first, as is normally believed. Acoording to Vivek, first comes "Indian Competence" and "Our abilty to communicate" seconds it.

He gives an excllent outline about how a leader should be. He concludes with saying "A mindset conditioned by Abundance Mentality is important for success in any endeavor."

Click TheSmarTechie for the complete thought provoking article.

Happy Gardening.

With Love,
Anbusivam

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gardening - Very Nice Article

Anonymous said...

Gardening - Very Nice Article

Anonymous said...

unaku vera velaye illayada anbu sivam naye...

Anonymous said...

hello darling, when will the next article be published ?

Unknown said...

Dear Mr.Anonymous,

Thanks a lot for taking your time to visit my blog page and leaving comments as well. Thank You...Great!!!